LET’S TALK ASHWAGANDHA. HERE ARE 5 FAST FACTS.
1. TYPE OF INGREDIENT: ADAPTOGEN, ALSO KNOWN AS INDIAN GINSENG, WITH ANTIOXIDANT + ANTI-INFLAMMATORY PROPERTIES
2. ASHWAGANDHA BENEFITS: HELPS PROTECT SKIN FROM DAMAGE FROM FREE RADICALS, HYDRATES, FIGHTS SIGNS OF AGING + IMPROVES SKIN’S APPEARANCE + RESTORES VITALITY
3. WHO SHOULD USE IT: SAFE FOR ALL SKIN TYPES
4. HOW OFTEN CAN YOU USE IT: IT CAN BE USED DAILY BY MOST USERS WHO TOLERATE THE INGREDIENT WELL. SENSITIVE SKIN SHOULD DO A PATCH TEST FIRST.
5. FIND IT IN: SKIN RENEWAL SERUM
What is Ashwagandha?
Ashwagandha is an adaptogen which are types of mushrooms or medicinal herbs that have been used for centuries to help the body adapt to stress and improve overall health. Adaptogens like Ashwagandha may help reduce inflammation, fight oxidative stress, protect our skin, boost hydration, soothe skin and help fight signs of aging. It not only helps bolster skin’s defenses but improves its appearance too.
Using Ashwagandha in a Skincare Routine
There are a few different ways to use Ashwagandha in skincare. You can find it in many over-the-counter products like serums and moisturizers, and it is generally considered safe to use on a regular basis by all skin types. It’s a good natural ingredient for those prone to dry skin, aging skin, sensitive skin, redness, irritation or breakouts.
Benefits of Using Ashwagandha in Skincare
Ashwagandha has a number of benefits for skincare, including:
• Fights oxidative stress: Ashwagandha helps protect the skin from free radical damage caused by environmental stressors like UV damage, pollution and climate.
• Reduces inflammation: Ashwagandha can help to reduce inflammation and has properties that soothe and calm the skin.
• Supports collagen production: Ashwagandha has been shown to support our skin’s natural production of collagen to help improve skin’s elasticity or firm appearance.
• Hydrates: Ashwagandha hydrates by improving skin’s ability to retain moisture and because it is known to help support our skin’s natural production of Hyaluronic Acid.
• Fights signs of aging: Ashwagandha can improve the complexion by helping to reduce the appearance of wrinkles, fine lines and age spots.
Found in: Skin Renewal Serum
A nighttime gel-based serum that is lightweight yet rich in antioxidants and adaptogens to help repair the damage caused by the day’s environmental aggressors by increasing the skin’s natural ability to self-defend overnight.
Clinically proven to strengthen the skin barrier up to 27% in 12 hours* and reduce the signs of aging up to 25% in 28 days**. Over 90% of users stated it left skin feeling renewed, soft and smooth***
*Independent clinical trial 2023. Results based on 38 people over 12 hours. **Independent clinical trial 2023. Results based on 38 people over 4 weeks. ***Independent User Trial 2022. Results based on 102 over 4 weeks